Friday, 29 January 2016

BREAKFAST IDEA FOR THE WEEKEND!

TGIF!!! we all get excited about the weekend because we have the whole time to ourselves, hang out with friends, attend parties and for food lovers...romance the kitchen lol. a lot of people like plantain, I personally cherish plantain. plantain can either be fried or boiled. it can either be eaten with sauce or pottage either way, DODO IS DODO! I woke up today craving for plantain and I was so sure I didn't want the regular fried or boiled plantain and I thought of doing something different with it so I did both...hehehehee yeah I boiled and also fried P baby lol it turned out hmmmmm amazeballs......I call it "GOLDEN PLANTAIN" with TOMAPEP SAUCE. I call it TOMAPEP because it is made with the same amount of tomato and pepper.

INGREDIENTS:
PLANTAIN-2 ;
FLOUR- 1 SPOON;
EGG- 2 ;
PEPPER;
STOCK CUBE-1;
SALT- TO TASTE ;
ANY OTHER SEASONING OF YOUR CHOICE;




For the TOMAPEP SAUCE;
TOMATO-6;
PEPPER-6;
ONIONS-1[LARGE] ;
CURRY POWDER;
THYME;
GARLIC-1{optional}
STOCK-1;
1tbsp VEGETABLE OIL ;
SALT TO TASTE:

DIRECTION wash, peel and cut the plantain into 5 pieces. boil with a little water for few minutes. it has to be firm and not tender. break the egg in a bowl, add pepper, stock cube, salt and 1 spoon flour in a bowl and beat till incorporated. dip the plantain step by step into the egg and flour mixture and place it in a flat surface. heat the oil and deep fry the plantain on a medium heat until it's golden brown.



THE SAUCE wash and cut the tomato. wash and slice the onions. blend pepper [If you are using garlic, blend it with pepper}. heat the oil and add the onions stir fry for 3 minutes. add the tomato and other ingredients and stir fry for at least 10 minutes. add the pepper and salt and stir for another 3 minutes. serve HOT with any beverage of your choice.


 
wash, peel, cut and boil the plantain
 
 
add pepper, salt, stock cube to the egg
 
add flour into the egg and mix
 
dip the plantain in the egg and flour mixture
 
 
SERVE HOT WITH ANY BEVERAGE OF OUR CHOICE.

No comments:

Post a Comment