Friday, 29 January 2016

COCONUT SAUCE!

when ever I go out and see Coconut, I just buy it even when I don't have need for it but because it's coconut, mama must buy! The funny thing is I'm allergic to eating raw coconut but I still buy it, break it, drink the water, eat the coconut, swallow the milk and then spit out the chaff....yeah weird but I have to save my fragile belly from pain because the chaff upsets it. anyhoooooo my love for coconut will never die lol.

Since I can't eat coconut like normal people do, I decide to use for my cooking. we all know about the famous "coconut rice" and shortly I will bring my own style of making it but it's not what I'm here for today...{drinks cold water}so.....today it's about COCONUT SAUCE!!!
the taste no be here.  its very easy to make  and very healthy as it is prepared with a lot of vegetables and no oil. I know a lot of people who get tired once any food that has anything to do with coconut is mentioned not because they hate it, but the coconut processing is tiring. The good news is that coconut powder is now sold the shops, so if you want to skip the breaking and blending and sieving of the coconut process, you can just walk into a shop and buy coconut powder. [I used Emma coconut powder].

INGREDIENTS
EMMA COCONUT POWDER- 3[SATCHETS]
500g CHICKEN
CARROT -10
GREEN PEPPER- 3
GREEN PEAS
SPRING ONIONS
CURRY [TO SEASON THE CHICKEN]
DRY PEPPER
SALT TO TASTE.

DIRECTION
Wash, season and boil the chicken,
slice the vegetables,
empty the coconut powder in a small bowl and melt with small water till it's smooth and looks like milk,
when the chicken is tender, add the coconut powder[now turned milk] and stir, then cover the pot and allow to boil for 15minutes.
add all the vegetable.
cook for another 5 minutes
Coconut Sauce is ready!!!

AWESOMENESS

boil the chicken
 
slice the vegetables
 
meet emma coconut powder
 
 
the real DEAL!!!
enjoy this sumptuous deliciousness with hot rice and thank me later!

No comments:

Post a Comment